Basil is a plant native to Asian countries such as India, Pakistan and Iran and is known worldwide for their aromatic qualities. mMchos use it for seasoning pastas, pizzas, salads or appetizers. However, not everyone knows that this plant also contain curative virtues.
Basil can be consumed as a natural remedy to treat disorders digestive, nervous, or immune, also as a beauty treatment or even to lose weight.
This plant is grown in tropical areas and is very sensitive to cold, depending on the culture has been given symbolic, positive and negative meanings. Blends well with other herbs such as thyme and Rosemary, preferably used raw to preserve all its aroma and appearance.
To preserve it for a couple of days it can be stored in the refrigerator. But if you want to last longer you can keep it in a bowl with a pinch of salt and olive oil cover, so that is always ready to be consumed.
For the digestive system
- It improves the digestion
- Prevents gas and flatulence
- It prevents bad breath
- Fighting vomiting
- It stimulates the appetite
For the nervous system
- Strengthens the nervous system
- Calm anxiety and stress due to its relaxing effect
- It calms the nerves in the stomach
- Combats insomnia
- It is capable of treating mild depression
- Reduces physical and mental fatigue
For the immune system
- It cleanses the blood and contributes to the Elimination of toxins
- It prevents flus and colds for its antimicrobial properties
- Reduces fever
- It prevents the proliferation of fungi due to its antifungal properties
- Natural anti-inflammatory
- It soothes headaches, toothaches and menstruation
- Combat cough
- It prevents intestinal parasites
- Effective in the treatment of pharyngitis, asthma and bronchitis
- It relieves constipation
To purify the body and slimming
- It fights the retention of liquids due to its diuretic properties
- It produces a satiating effect
- Excellent remedy for emotional hunger, prevents anxiety by eating more.
- It helps eliminate kidney stones
- Thanks to its stimulating properties allows us to overcome fatigue and increase energy expenditure
- Combat bloating
For the care of the skin
- It prevents premature aging thanks to its antioxidant properties
- Combats hair loss and strengthens it
- Reduces acne
- It contributes to the good wound healing
- It whitens teeth
- Reduces high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- It enhances mental capabilities and memory
- It prevents diabetes and insulin resistance, because it regulates the blood sugar
- It prevents vertigo
- Calama mouth sores
- Natural mosquito repellent
- It improves vision