When you don’t have the time needed to prepare a forceful and nutritious meal, then it is not necessary to set aside the healthy and supplementing it by fast food or you sweets, but that you can prepare a simple and practical Monte Cristo sandwich.
The name of this sandwich comes from the United States, in Los Angeles and is a derivation of a similar recipe of French origin. This sandwich is composed of ham, Turkey and Swiss cheese meat, something fairly common, but there is a particularity that makes it unique.
The interesting thing about this sandwich is that the slices of bread are soaked in beaten egg. They should be moistened to make it through a hot frying pan, set the pan and convert it into crisp.
But if you want to experience even more flavors and sensations, before eating this sandwich, rub with a little Strawberry Jam, you’ll be surprised.
Ingredients (4 sandwiches)
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup of liquid milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 8 slices of white sandwich bread
- 8 slices of ham
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (optional) Strawberry Jam
- Place the slices on a plate and add a slice of ham and cheese on each side of the sandwich.
- In a bowl beat the egg with the cup of liquid milk.
- It dips into the egg the empty faces of sandwich.
- Put a smooth or griddle pan to the fire and added butter. He hopes that I will melt.
- When butter boil put the sandwiches and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, turning them constantly.
- When browned, remove and let cool.
- Cut them in half and sprinkle over a little powdered sugar and jam if you prefer.